Enter the competition by telling us what your favourite Niel Joubert wine is.
T’s & C’s apply. Only one entry per subscriber. Winner will be announced on the 15th of February 2021. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
200g green beans
2 large eggs
200g baby potatoes
4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 red pepper
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved.
40g pitted kalamata olives, halved.
280g fresh trout
- Prepare a bowl of ice water. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; plunge into ice water. Return pot of water to boil. Add eggs and cook 6 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon; add to green bean ice bath. Once cool, peel and halve eggs.
- Return water to boil and add potatoes. Cook until tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Drain and halve.
- Grill the peppers in the oven with the oven set on grill until the skin is burnt and flesh soft. Cover in a bowl with plastic wrap for 20 minutes. When it is cool, remove the skin and the seeds from the inside. Tear up and set aside.
- Make the dressing by Whisking together oil, vinegar, parsley, salt, Dijon mustard and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix the green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, roasted peppers, and olives. Top each salad with 1 egg half.
- When the salad is done, heat up a pan to medium heat. Season the trout with salt on skin and flesh side and sear in the pan skin down, turn around when skin is crispy and drop a dash of lemon in the pan. Leave for 2 minutes, remove skin and place on salad. Dress lightly and enjoy.
As we all struggle to find ways of dealing with and getting accustomed to this unusual way of living under national lockdown – and the limitations this poses on our lives, we must realise the vital importance of this, which is to save our loved ones, the people of our country and eradicate the virus. We fully support our President and the nations efforts, and thus as a “Brand family” we encourage all others to do the same.
As you may have heard, during the next few weeks of lockdown, the sale and distribution of wine (all alcohol) is prohibited. Sadly, this deals us yet another blow on top of the fact that we have had to close business entirely. However, we wish to remind you that although the cogs of business have sadly grinded to a halt for now, we, the heart of the Niel Joubert Wines will remain here, and are thus with you in spirit none the less.
During this time, we will remain online, so please feel free to communicate with us, or email us should you have any concerns or enquiries. We will also post updates on our website and on social media with regard to wine sales & distribution and any other business as things develop.
We thank you for your support and we look forward to celebrating with you once we get through the eye of this storm. Together we will #flattenthecurve, stay home, stay safe and let’s do this!
Best regards and wishes of good health in your homes.