Enter the competition by telling us what your favourite Niel Joubert wine is.
T’s & C’s apply. Only one entry per subscriber. Winner will be announced on the 15th of February 2021. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
200g green beans
2 large eggs
200g baby potatoes
4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 red pepper
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved.
40g pitted kalamata olives, halved.
280g fresh trout
- Prepare a bowl of ice water. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; plunge into ice water. Return pot of water to boil. Add eggs and cook 6 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon; add to green bean ice bath. Once cool, peel and halve eggs.
- Return water to boil and add potatoes. Cook until tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Drain and halve.
- Grill the peppers in the oven with the oven set on grill until the skin is burnt and flesh soft. Cover in a bowl with plastic wrap for 20 minutes. When it is cool, remove the skin and the seeds from the inside. Tear up and set aside.
- Make the dressing by Whisking together oil, vinegar, parsley, salt, Dijon mustard and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix the green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, roasted peppers, and olives. Top each salad with 1 egg half.
- When the salad is done, heat up a pan to medium heat. Season the trout with salt on skin and flesh side and sear in the pan skin down, turn around when skin is crispy and drop a dash of lemon in the pan. Leave for 2 minutes, remove skin and place on salad. Dress lightly and enjoy.